Here at Northwest Family Dental, we have years of experience in various dental procedures, pediatric services, and cosmetic services for clients with medical conditions, including sensitive teeth. Having sensitive teeth is underrated. It requires above average oral health care as well as being mindful of the things you eat and drink. If you or a family member is suffering from this condition, here are some tips to help you out.
- The first thing to watch out for is food and drinks that might trigger your sensitivity. This includes extremely cold or hot, as well as acidic and sugary substances.
- Do not attempt to use your teeth to open or bite into hard objects and food. Your teeth are not meant to open bottles, and if you already have sensitive teeth, it is best to also steer clear from bones and nuts.
- Use a toothbrush with softer bristles. It is also important to be more mindful of the brand of toothpaste that you are using. Your dentist should be able to give you a list of recommended brands. We also advise brushing your teeth in a slow and circular manner.
- Teeth grinding and clenching and nail biting need to stop. These bad habits will slowly destroy the layers of your teeth and eventually cause cracks. Your dentist might also advise you wear a mouth guard at night as a preventive measure.
- Make sure you have a trusted family dentist ready on call. Not all dentists can understand your condition and level of sensitivity, and this is why you need a go-to clinic for regular check-ups and emergencies.
Please visit our blog for more information on oral health and taking care of sensitive teeth. If you need to have a dental concern treated right away or schedule a professional teeth cleaning, call us now and schedule an appointment at Lake Worth Texas location for Northwest Family Dental.